vrijdag 24 mei 2013

Diving in the deep...

I had just completed my second knitting project when I saw Charlotte's post on this lovely scarf. She had just learned to knit and by knitting this scarf she would learn all the knitting stitches in one go..

I was so inspired by this that I decided to make one myself.. because it really did make sense.. why wait years before knitting such a lovely scarf ? Why limit myself to the purl/knit stitches...
It felt like taking a deep dive.. but I was not alone in this... or so it felt...

There were only two things I forgot to mention (a) I only knew how to do knit/purl (b) I've never read a knitting chart before and have no idea how to read one.. but that was not going to put me off.. So I googled all the terms used in the pattern and watch many films on YouTube..  I also learnt that it is wise to use life-lines.. incase you make a mistake.. and I made plenty :-)

This is how far I got..... I've finished 20 reps...


The color I used is light pink (although it seems much darker with the colour filter i used... )
I have to say, it requires so much concentration.... counting and trying not to lose track of what row I'm knitting.. I find myself constantly confused as to where I am or should be..  so I count the stiches and then count some more... pfffff.. is there an easy way to do this ?

It is supposed to be a scarf that I would wear in the spring.. but if i keep up this pace I definitly won't be wearing it anytime this year... but who know ;)

will keep you posted on this WIP...

xoxo

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten