vrijdag 3 mei 2013

My first knitted scarf

I have been crocheting for some years now but I’ve never been able to knit.. I have tried to teach myself to knit but for some reason I never felt comfortable using two knitting needles.. It always felt awkward as I was trying to hold them up properly and trying not to lose any stitches along the way..

But then I joined a group of lovely ladies who started a knitting club.. even people like me who only crocheted were welcome :) Seeing them knit all kinds of beautiful things made me want to knit as well.. so I asked one of the ladies there to teach me how to knit.. nothing fancy, only the knit/purl stitch to make a simple scarf for my little nephew..
I struggled a bit in the beginning but luckily she was there to help me out when I had no clue what I was doing...

It felt like it took me ages to complete because unlike crochet I really had to keep my eyes on the needles..   mistakes are not easily corrected compared to crocheting.. that is why for my very first knitting project I used yarn that would not really show any mistakes I may have made :-)

When I finished knitting the scarf, I crochet my nephew's name on it, to give it a personal touch.. I also added a few fringes at the ends of the scarf.

And here is the final result......



Not bad for a first time,  right ? ;-)

xoxo

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten