vrijdag 3 mei 2013

Pouf Make over


I have been following Joke's blog for a couple of years now (but i only just recently subscribed - shame on me).. last year I came across the following crochet pattern scheme on her blog:


 
I was so fond of this pattern.. (love at first sight ?).. I really wondered how it will look like in real life. So I wanted to try it out.. but crocheting a pattern just of the sake of it didn't make any sense at the time..  I wanted to use the pattern to make something out of it.. that can be used one way or the other..

Luckily my mum had a pouf somewhere in the house with a dull cover.. So I decided to give it a little make over :).. and of course try out the pattern above.. I was very excited to crochet a pouf cover because I have never made one before. Not only that, but I was going to use a scheme with no clear instructions. A true challenge! and I love me some challenge :) 

I chose white cotton, a beautiful colour mainly to give it a lacy effect. Also, the pouf was moved quite a lot in the house. I wanted it to fit in every room it went.. so with lots of focus and determination I started crocheting the pattern. I was so happy with how the flower part came out :)

Now I only had to crochet the edge around it .. and my first piece was done..


I made a couple of pieces and crochet them together.. This is how it looked like...


I was planning on making 4 pieces on each side.. a total of 20 pieces. But when i saw the four pieces together i started to wonder if that was such a good idea.. I didn't like how the centre part turned out (where the four pieces came together)..

So change of plan.. I decided to create one piece on every side with a wider border piece and this was the result...





I love how it turned out.. don't you ? My mum was also happy too when it was finally finished :)

xoxo

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten