dinsdag 21 mei 2013

Lady-bird, lady-bird fly away home


I found this lovely pattern on this blog, just the seeing it made me happy.. so sweet and simple, it looked like something from a fairy tale book..
It also reminded me of a nursery rhyme "lady-bird, lady-bird fly away home... "

After seeing the pattern, I couldn't seem to get it out of my head.. and when that happens, I find that the only way to to stop thinking about it was to actually do it.. so that it is out of my head and into the real world :)

I haven't done anything with embroidery before so I had to do some prep work, such as buying supplies and searching the internet on embriodery stiches and how to do them..
Then FINALY, I was ready to start working on it..... I decided to use the pattern on a pillow case as a present for my youngest sister

It only took me a couple of evenings to complete which was great! I love how it turned out, just like the original one :)

This is how the final result looked like:

This is a more up close photo (but with slightly different colour settings)


The thing I enjoyed the most about embroidery was how it made me feel... I really felt like a child colouring away in a colouring book.. only instead of crayons I was using thread and my colouring book was a piece of fabric :)

I think I'll start another embroidery project soon

xoxo

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten